vendredi 19 février 2010

My Beauty Diary Masks

My Beauty Diary is a very popular Taiwanese line of sheet masks thanks to the super affordable price (less than US$2 per mask) and the wide variety of masks designed to meet various skin concerns such as hydrating, oil control, brightening etc. In Singapore, you can find them at Guardian Pharmacy where a box of 10 retails for S$21 and a 2-sheet sampler pack costs S$3.95. I decided to get the four sampler packs to try them out: Mixed Berries (Anti-oxidant and firming), Cooling (Refreshing & rejuvenating), Provence Lavender (Soothing & Restoring), Yogurt (Oil Control & Nourishing). Unfortunately, Guardian Pharmacy does not have the larger sampler packs containing several different types of masks.

The box packaging in Singapore is mainly in English. It is recommended that you use these two to three times a week for 20 to 30 minutes each time. After using the mask, do not wash off the mask serum as you can simply follow up with your normal skincare.

The ingredients list.


Amazingly, despite the low price of these masks, there are actually many counterfeits and fakes floating around. Skindeco.net has an excellent post about how to distinguish the fakes from the real product. One way to tell if your masks are legitimate is to look for the embossed marking at the lower right hand corner of the front side of the mask packet. The abundance of fakes is the reason why I would only purchase the masks from Guardian Pharmacy instead of blogshops. Why take any risks with your skin just to save some pennies?

Each mask packet is stamped with the manufacturing date and expiry date, which I felt was very useful.

I was not expecting any miracles from using the masks. While the antioxidants and emollient ingredients are indeed beneficial to skin, fragrance does not do anything for skin and in fact can irritate it. I tried the Mixed Berries mask last night and left it on for one hour until the mask started to feel a bit dry and all the serum had been absorbed into my skin. It did an excellent job of hydrating and softening my skin. I have oily, acne-prone skin with some dry patches. After using the mask, the dry patches were gone and what was impressive was that my skin did not get oily as it usually does. My skin sometimes gets super oily after using certain lotions or moisturisers but after using the Mixed Berries mask, my skin stayed hydrated until the next morning without getting super greasy.

The sheet mask feels well-made and of good quality with decent thickness. It also fits nicely over the contours of my face without too much excess cloth flapping around the edges. I also liked the fact that it did not come out of the packet dripping messily or leaving a lot of serum inside the packet. Instead, all the serum was absorbed on the sheet mask itself.

Overall, I think My Beauty Diary masks are a quick and very affordable fix if you are experiencing skin dryness. Do note that these masks do not work for everyone. My buddy, Kathi of Lotuspalace had a bad reaction to these masks. You can read her experience here.

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil