vendredi 30 avril 2010

FOTD: Lancome Oscillation Power Foundation

Did my makeup today with the following:

Face: Lancome Oscillation PowerFoundation SPF21, Skin79 Diamond Perfect Cover BB Concealer

Cheeks: NARS Mounia blush

Eyes: Beaute de Kose Eye Fantasist SP063 Dark Cherry and PK857 Sugar Glazed Pink, Dior 5 Couleurs 059 Pearl Glow and Lancome Virtuose Precious Cells mascara

Brows: Paul & Joe Eyebrow Pencil Duo 01

Lips: Chanel Glossimer #128 Meteore

I picked up the Oscillation PowerFoundation at Sephora during my Honolulu vacation. It is a mineral foundation that contains nourishing aloe and vitamin E and is free of talc, oil and fragrance. The sponge applicator does 7,000 micro-vibrations per minute. I am using shade Ivory #20, which turned out to be a perfect match for me.

Although the Oscillation PowerFoundation may seem gimmicky at first, I actually found that the vibrating sponge applicator does help to achieve a lovely seamless and natural finish. The buffing motion smooths the foundation on very evenly, so there is absolutely zero streaking or caking. I love how it evens out my skintone without making it look flat and dull. However, the oil control is not that impressive and I have to blot about every hour or so.

Applying this does tend to take awhile because only a little bit of product is deposited on the sponge each time. I have to tip the bottle over quite a few times and then buff it on, doing small sections of my face at a time.

Here's the ingredients list and application instructions.


From what I recall, the accompanying leaflet had included instructions on how to remove the battery from the handle for recycling. However, the instructions also advised that the battery should not be replaced. One thing that bugged me slightly was that the foundation pot appears to be quite full when it is standing upright.

But if you tip it onto its side, you will discover that the pot is actually only just slightly over half full! The net weight is 8g/0.26oz. Would it really have cost that much more for Lancome to fill up the pot to near its maximum capacity? Probably not, especially considering that this foundation costs US$48!

I used the Natural Beige shade (the darker of the two shades) from the Skin79 Diamond Perfect Cover BB Concealer on my under eye area. Unfortunately, I still can't seem to make this work well for me despite first prepping my eye area with Lancome Anti-Dark Circles Eye Serum. The concealer creased into the fine lines at the inner corner of my lower lid.


NARS Mounia actually has a richer deep wine tone in real life than the pic below. This is one of the most crazily pigmented blushes in the NARS lineup and a little bit goes a long way.

My regular readers may have noticed that I've started to post more photos of my face makeup, instead of only my eye makeup. I hesitated for the longest time about doing so because I don't have perfect skin and I'm not as photogenic as many other beauty bloggers. And indeed, my pores have actually gotten their own hate mail!

But at the end of the day, I decided that many of my readers probably also have skin imperfections and would find my reviews to be much more useful if they could actually see the complete look instead of just my eyes. One of the most touching comments that I've received was from a reader who said that I inspired her to start playing more with her makeup. So it's for these readers that I am doing this. I'm not model-perfect and I don't claim to have mad makeup skills but I'm actually quite comfortable in my own skin and with my looks.

Finally, to those anonymous haters: why are you even reading this?! Get a life! *makes the L sign*

Libellés : , ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil