vendredi 23 avril 2010

Lancome Virtuose Haul

I dropped by the Lancome counter in Takashimaya earlier this evening to check out the new Virtuose Precious Cells mascara. The counter had a very attractive range of promotions as part of the launch as follows:

1. Receive a free full size eyeshadow with purchase of a Virtuose mascara (S$49).

2. Receive a 7-piece Blanc Expert skincare sample set with purchase of S$180. This includes Genefique Youth Activating Concentrate 5ml, Ultimate Whitening Lotion (Very Moist) 50ml, Ultimate Whitening Renewing Night Cream 15ml, Hydrating Emulsion (Very Moist) 15ml, Purifying Foam 30ml, GN-White Spot Eraser 10ml and Anti-Dark Circles Eye Serum 5ml. The set has a retail value of S$210.

3. Receive a limited edition Palette Blason #1 Pink Rose with purchase of S$250.

4. Receive a $30 voucher that is instantly redeemable with purchase of S$330.

I usually do not indulge in high end mascaras as I find drugstore mascaras perform well enough for me. The most expensive mascara I've ever splurged on was Givenchy Phenomen'eyes mascara which cost me S$38 at a Robinsons Expo sale. The SA told me that the Virtuose mascara #1 Precious Black also helps to condition the lashes. According to the label, the mascara is manufactured in Japan. But what really made me decide to splurge on the Virtuose mascara was the promise of the free eyeshadow, plus the fact that the legendary G40 Erika F. was one of the six shades available! Erika F. is highly sought after especially by US ladies because it is sold only in Europe and Asia, as one of the ingredients in it is not allowed in makeup products in the US.

The Palette Blason was the next gift that made me decide to pick up a few more items. I would have purchased just the Palette Blason if I could but unfortunately, in Singapore it is not for sale by itself. It has an overspray of silver glitter, but after the glitter layer rubs off, the blush/face powder has more of a semi-matte finish.

The powder is imprinted with the Lancôme Coat of Arms which founder Armand Petitjean set during the birth of the brand in 1935, with the Lancôme Rose, Cherub and Lotus, representing the Lancôme art of perfumery, makeup and skincare respectively.

I also picked up the Blanc Expert Mineral White-Reviving Liquid Foundation P-01 (S$75), Blanc Expert Anti-Dark Circles Eye Serum (S$95), Color Fever Gloss #264 Urban Beige (S$39) and Hydra Zen Neurocalm Extreme Soothing Moisturising Cream-gel (S$98).


So, here's my complete haul! As I was a Lancome member, I also received a Bi-facil cleanser 30ml. The SA also gave me a Hypnose Senses fragrance sample :-)

Overall, I think the promotional gifts for this launch are truly outstanding, as they are not simply the dime-a-dozen skincare samples or mini lipgloss/lipstick samples. The Virtuose mascara is pricey on its own, but throw an Erika F. eyeshadow into the mix, and suddenly it looks like an excellent deal given that even drugstore mascaras can cost close to S$30. I was also really delighted to be able to snag the Palette Blason.

These GWPs are exclusive to Takashimaya. The promotion started today and should run for about one week as usual.

Libellés : , ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil