vendredi 21 mai 2010

New houseguests

My mother is away for a few months visiting my brother in the UK and so she left me in charge of watering her plants. That was a simple enough task until one night when I came home from work to find this weird brown sack of fluff hanging off one of the plants.


Turns out that a pair of olive-backed sunbirds had decided that my balcony was the perfect place for building their new nest. Perhaps because we have a hibiscus plant that flowers almost every day as they drink the nectar of hibiscus plants, as well as heliconias.

Here's one of the birds flying back with more stuff for building their nest.

The avian couple.

You're welcome to enjoy the view but please don't peck me or poop all over the place, ok?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil