lundi 3 mai 2010

Skincare Routine

A reader asked me to share my current skincare routine. My routine is very basic: cleanse, tone and moisturise, with a 'treatment' twice a week. My skin type is oily and acne-prone. Skincare products are very subjective so do bear in mind that your mileage may vary and what works for me may not necessarily work for you.

Cleanse: I remove my eye makeup first with Urban Decay Clean & Sober (gently wipe with a cotton pad) followed by Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (massage on dry skin then emulsify by adding water). The Shu cleansing oil can also remove eye makeup but I'm trying to use up the two bottles of UD Clean & Sober that I received as GWPs, so I decided to use them to remove eye makeup as the first step. Also, this reduces the amount of massaging of the delicate eye area that I have to do when using the Shu cleansing oil. L'Oreal's Gentle Eye Makeup Remover was an old staple of mine for many years.

The Shu cleansing oil takes off everything, including waterproof mascara. It is expensive at S$138 for a 450ml bottle, but if you compare with Fancl (S$33 for 120ml), the per unit cost is not that much more than Fancl. I then follow up with Avene Cleanance Soap-Free Gel Cleanser which cleanses effectively without stripping. About twice a week, I use Lush Herbalism instead of Avene, as Herbalism also acts as a scrub. However, I prefer Angels on Bare Skin to Herbalism as Angels is gentler. I use Shiseido Brightening Cleansing Foam in the mornings. It does help to brighten up my skin but tends to leave it dry so I do not use it more than once a day.

Tone: I am currently using Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Balancing Softener which helps the moisturiser/serum to absorb more easily. But when I am having a breakout, I use DDF 10% Glycolic Toner which helps to exfoliate the skin. Previously, I was also using Kiehl's Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion to help combat breakouts.

Moisturise: I am currently using Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum. My skin gets incredibly oily if I layer on more than two skincare products at a time, which is why if I use a serum, I always skip the moisturiser and vice versa. The other moisturisers that I have in rotation are L'Occitane Red Rice Ultra-Matte Face Fluid and Kenzoki Melts on Contact Face Gel (not pictured). I am currently also using Elizabeth Arden Prevage Eye Anti-aging Moisturising Treatment.

Treat: I do a mask twice a week. To combat acne breakouts, I use either DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask or Kate Somerville Clearing Mask. To combat skin dullness, I use My Beauty Diary sheet masks. Once a week, I also use Biore Pore Strips on my T-zone area and my cheeks to remove pore clogs (much better way of removing them than squeezing which can just worsen the inflammation).

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil