samedi 3 juillet 2010

EOTD: Smoky Green

I decided to do another smokey green look today using a combination of shades from RMK Spring Modern Eyes #2 Moss Green, L'Oreal Open Eyes Chrome Intensity Timeless Green and Lunasol Star Shower Eyes #3 Dazzling Night.

With Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin as the base, I used a brush to apply the white shade from Lunasol Dazzling Night over the browbone area down to the crease. Next, I used a broad sponge applicator to apply the green shade from L'Oreal Timeless Green from the middle of the lid to the outer corner and the medium green shade from RMK Moss Green from the inner corner to the middle of the lid and along the lower lashline. I used a thin sponge applicator to apply the black shade from L'Oreal Timeless Green along the upper lashline. Then I finished the look by curling my lashes with MAC eyelash curler, applying Maybelline The Falsies Volum'express mascara and Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner.

For the rest of the look, I used Dior Compact Control X4 Powder Foundation over RMK Face Protector N SPF31, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 24hr 01, RMK Super Basic Liquid Concealer EX01, Integrate Forming Cheeks (Jewel Box) #2 and Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment.

I was looking through some of my earlier EOTD ('eye of the day') posts and couldn't help cringing painfully at many of my earlier attempts. Uncurled lashes, lack of proper eyeliner, puffy eyelids, bad angles and lighting.... the list goes on. My sincere thanks to my longtime readers who have continued reading this blog despite those poor attempts! I wish I had the time to invest in a photography course but for now, all my photos are taken with a simple point-and-shoot digicam, Canon Ixus 870IS. I don't Photoshop any of my pictures. Instead, I just keep shooting until I get a somewhat decent picture in which my face does not look puffy and my eyebags are less prominent!

Some of you may wonder why I don't use false eyelashes, lash extensions, Geo lenses (coloured contacts that make your irises look bigger) or eyelid tape/glue (for more prominent double eyelids), which are very popular among Asian ladies. The simple answer is that my makeup style is what feels comfortable and natural for me. And I have absolutely no desire to look like a doll! My daily routine takes an average of 20 minutes and that works for me :-)

Thanks for reading!

Libellés : , , , ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil