samedi 20 novembre 2010

Osaka/Kyoto Trip Photos Part 3 - Food!

Here are some food photos from my Osaka/Kyoto trip!

These bento sets always look so exquisitely made but the reality is that this one looked much better than it tasted as it was cold.

It had the usual mix of tempura, noodles, fishcake, egg, rice rolls etc.


Another pretty but equally bland bento.

When travelling in Japan, I always opt to eat at more affordable joints because the quality of food is actually very good even at the lower priced restaurants. For example, this simple and yummy tempura and soba set was around US$15.


Katsu curry, another of my favourite cheap eats.

At the Starbucks, I tried their festive offerings like this Caramel Eclair Latte and Christmas tree danish.


The danish wasn't as good as the poppy seed and cream cheese muffin though!

Aside from the ubiquitous convenience stores, another thing I miss about living in Japan are the vending machines which often become a part of one's daily routine.

This one even sold corn potage soup! There was a hot food vending machine in my hotel that dispensed french fries, among other things, but I didn't manage to get a picture of it.

Some Japanese snacks from the convenience store for breakfast :-)

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil