mercredi 13 octobre 2010

Majolica Majorca Jewelling Eyes GR791

When I first saw the product line-up in the Majolica Majorca "Queen of Decoration" fall collection, the Jewelling Eyes GR791 immediately caught my eye for its interesting combination of teal, dark olive and pale gold. It's not your typical pastel palette or smoky eye palette.

This is the palette used on the model in the ad visual for this baroque-themed collection. The good news is that GR791 is permanent, so there's no need to rush to get it before it sells out. This usually retails for S$27.90 at Watsons stores in Singapore but I got it for a few dollars cheaper during Watsons' recent 20% sale.

After prepping with Urban Decay Primer Potion, I used the fat sponge applicator to apply the pale gold shade in the outer half of the crease and along the lower lashline; and the pinkish white shade over the browbone area and inner corners. Next, I used the thin sponge applicator to apply the dark olive shade along the upper lashline and outer corner of the lower lashline, and the teal shade at the inner half of the lid. Then I finished by applying Canmake Gokunobi mascara over Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base and Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner along the upper lashline.

The colour payoff of the eyeshadows in GR791 is much better than the Jewelling Eyes BL711 from the "She Was a Doll" spring collection. They are still not crazily pigmented, like say Urban Decay, but they do show up well when used over a good primer. The texture is as usual quite silky and easy to blend with a delicate micro-fine shimmer. Do also check out Kathi's review of GR791 on Lotus Palace.

The other products that I used today were: Dior X4 Control Compact Foundation 012 over Shiseido Pore Smoothing Corrector, Cosme Decorte AQ Face Powder N 001, Benefit It Stick, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 24h 01, MAC Hot House lipglass and Jill Stuart Blush Blossom #3 Lady Amaryllis.


I adore the new Jill Stuart Blush Blossoms as the blush shades are well pigmented with good lasting power. The 'shimmer tint' powder on the left half adds a lovely glimmer without any frostiness when layered over the 'blush glow' powder on the right half. But I'm always scared to death that I'll drop the compact and cause the powder to spill out. I love the gorgeous packaging but it can be a bit of a hassle to use. #3 Lady Amaryllis is my third Blush Blossom after #1 Romantic Sweet Pea and #4 Seductive Rose.

The Benefit It Stick is a concealer that came free with the July issue of UK Glamour. It applies quite smoothly and was easy to blend out. This was a good match for my skintone but it seemed to work well only on my under eye area. When used on my cheeks, it turned cakey but that could be because I used it over foundation. I think this has since been discontinued as it's no longer listed on Benefitcosmetics.com and Sephora.com.

Libellés : , , , , , , ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil